Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Tragedy Called Life

Yesterday, wrestling lost yet another member of the fraternity. Another had met his end, and far too soon. Of course, I mean Eddie Fatu. Eddie was a member of wrestlng's well-known Samoan family, which includes the likes of The Rock, Samu, Afa, and the late Yokozuna. Eddie's passing reminded me, once again, of how I felt when I learned of the deaths of many others I had seen grace my television screen over the years.

Eddie Fatu was discovered by his wife on Thursday evening, passed out in front of their television. He had blood coming from his nose, and was rushed to a Houston area hospital, where doctors determined he may have suffered a heart attack. On Friday, he reportedly suffered a second, and was placed on life support. That did not last, as he was removed and passed into history shortly after. Now, before anyone attempts to demonize Fatu for whatever he was doing that prompted his WWE release this past June, let's remember it's too late to speculate or assume anything, and too insensitive to disgrace the dead.

The fact is, whatever caused Eddie Fatu's untimely end is really of no consequence. Remember Eddie for what he was, not whatever demons may have plagued him. I, for one, was taken aback by his passing. I hope this is the last time I have to read of this type of thing happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment